Screen mirroring allows you to play certain types of media on other devices (such as your TV) by sending that signal from your iPhone. Pretty much any smartphone out there supports screen mirroring, but Apple does it a bit differently. So, let's explain everything you need to know in simple terms. Here's how to use screen mirroring on your iPhone 13.
This article applies to the entire iPhone 13 lineup, as well as any other iPhone that can run iOS 15. Even if you use a previous iOS version, you'll find plenty of helpful info below.
What Types of Screen Mirroring Does iPhone 13 Support?
Your iPhone 13 supports two types of screen mirroring. Aside from regular screen mirroring, you can also stream media via AirPlay 2. Check for more information below.
If you don't need to cast your iPhone's entire screen to a TV, use AirPlay to handle video or audio files in the best possible quality. Of course, the app you plan to use must support AirPlay. For any other use case, you can stick to regular screen mirroring.
How to Screen Mirror Your iPhone 13 to a TV
First, we'll show you how to mirror your iPhone 13' screen to your TV or any other compatible device. So, here are the exact steps you need to take.
For screen mirroring to work, your iPhone 13 and the device you’ll use for screen mirroring (such as your smart TV) must be on the same Wi-Fi network and must support AirPlay 2.
1. First, swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone’s screen.
2. At this moment, you should be looking at the 'Control Center.'
3. Tap on 'Screen Mirroring,' represented by two overlapping rectangles.
4. Your iPhone will now search for compatible devices.
5. Select the device you want to use for screen mirroring and wait a couple of moments.
6. If you see a prompt for a passcode on your TV, enter it on your iPhone.
That’s it! To stop screen mirroring your iPhone 13, access the Control Center again and select the Screen Mirroring icon. Then, tap on 'Stop Mirroring.'
How to Stream Video From Your iPhone 13 to a TV
And now, here’s how to stream video (via AirPlay 2) from your iPhone 13 to a compatible device. Go through the following steps.
AirPlay 2 requires both of your devices to use the same Wi-Fi network. Also, make sure that your smart TV (or any other device you'll use) supports AirPlay 2. And finally, know that even though most third-party apps support AirPlay 2, there may be some exceptions as well.
1. Using your iPhone 13, find the video that you want to stream.
2. Once you press 'Play,' wait for a moment until the video starts playing on your phone.
3. Now, tap on the 'AirPlay' icon. It should be right next to playback controls.
4. Your iPhone will now scan for devices compatible with AirPlay 2.
5. Pick the device that you want to use for screen casting. That’s it!
That’s it! At any moment, you can stop using AirPlay 2 by using the 'Back' button on your TV’s remote. Or, you can prevent this by using the 'AirPlay' icon on your iPhone and then selecting your phone instead of your smart TV.
Your brand-new iPhone 13 has plenty of features to offer. With that said, don’t forget to check our overview of the latest iPhone 13-related articles. That’s where you’ll find plenty of news, tutorials, and guides.
That would be all on how to use screen mirroring on your iPhone 13. Let us know if you have any questions (via the comments section below). And lastly, thanks for reading!